Hi! I’m Frank. I am a 32 year-old clinical psychologist and psychotherapist.
I was born in Spain, but spent most of my life in Germany. I studied Psychology in both Germany and Spain and received German licences to practice adult psychotherapy as well as child and youth psychotherapy. I have been trained in Gottman Method Couples Therapy (at level 3) and, presently, work exclusively in couples therapy.
Apart from couples therapy and my licensures, I am trained in a variety of other approaches including parenting, mindfulness, and hypnotherapy. My specialties are working with LGBTIAQ+ and poly people and individuals with trauma histories.
I work in English (IELTS: C1) as well as German (native) and speak (but not work in) Spanish.
Licensures in Germany
Adult Psychotherapist (cognitive behavioural therapy, CBT), training at AWKV, Marburg. 2020
Children and Youth Psychotherapist (CBT), training at KJ-IPAM, Marburg. 2018
PhD-level degree in Psychology (German: Dr. rer. nat.) at University Marburg. 2018
MSc-level degree in Psychology (German: Diplom-Psychologe) at University Marburg. 2014
- Australian Psychological Society
- The International Focusing Institute
- Hessian Psychotherapist Chamber
I worked at the following clinics as a licensed psychotherapist; in the first one I was employed as senior psychologist:
- Clinic for Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery Rehabilitation, Homberg Clinic, Bad Wildungen. 2019-2021
- Clinic for Acute Psychosomatics, MediClin Clinic, Reinhardshausen. 2018-2019
As a research assistant I worked at:
- Department of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, University Marburg. 2017-2018
As part of my licensure trainings I worked at:
- Psychiatric Day Clinic for Children and Adolescents, Vitos Kurhessen, Wabern. 2017
- Psychosomatic Clinic for Eating Disorders, Schön Clinic, Bad Arolsen. 2016-2017
I received a doctoral scholarship from:
- Department of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, University Marburg. 2014-2016
In addition, I worked as a lecturer at the Universities of Marburg (2015-2017) and Gießen (2017) as well as at the University of Applied Sciences Fulda (2016-2020).